The CSU Math Success Website has been set up to help you inform students about the CSU Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) requirement. Here are some pointers for assisting students to prepare for college level math.
- Mathematics Diagnostic Testing Project - Help students learn more about their strengths and weaknesses in math by visiting this website. Here you will find information about accessing a variety of diagnostic math tests.
- CSU Focus on Mathematics * - View information about the ELM exam including a list of frequently asked questions and sample test items.
- ELM Exam Prep Tools - Tell students about the online resources available on this website that will help them prepare for the ELM exam.
- Roadmap - Encourage students to use the Roadmap advising feature on this site which will provide them with personalized information on how to best prepare their math skills for the CSU.
- Video Testimonials - Use these videos of college freshmen in remedial math courses to motivate students to take the ELM requirement seriously.
- Free Online Math Lessons - MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching) offers a collection of free lesson plans and learning objects for use with your students in:
- ALEKS Online Math Tutorial – Listen to a teacher and his students talk about the value they got from this program.
*Adobe Reader is needed to view these files. A free version can be downloaded by clicking here .